Skip to main content

First National Bank of Fort Worth Records

 Digital Collection
Identifier: p16084coll30

Historical Note

The First National Bank of Fort Worth had its beginnings in 1870, as an exchange office. Seven years later, M. B. Loyd and his associates received a charter for a national bank. For generations, the institution was the “cattleman’s bank"; principal stockholders included W. T. Waggoner, Burk Burnett, and John Scharbauer, some of the largest ranchers in the state. During and after World War II, the bank diversified into petroleum, aircraft production, and other manufacturing.

The collection consists of photographs created by the bank to document its institutional history and growth, and historic images of Fort Worth used in promotional material celebrating the banks history and place in the city.

Repository Details

Part of the Fort Worth Public Library Archives Repository

Contact:
500 West 3rd Street
Fort Worth Texas 76102
817-392-7740