Skip to main content

Ellison Furniture Store Records

 Collection
Identifier: R-0082

Scope and Contents

The collection consists of five boxes of miscellaneous materials that were considered to have historical value.

Box 1: Includes clippings, drawings, catalogs of model interiors from 1915 - 1919, and photographs.

Box 2 : Includes photographs of model interiors and of employees, printing plates created for advertising.

Box 3: Oversized photographs of model interiors, and 1923 photograph of staff (badly damaged).

Box 4: Printers blocks showing Ellison buildings and trademarks.

Box 5 : Journal entry ledgers from 1933 - 1946, bank statements from 1906 - 1925, and three framed displays.

Dates

  • Unknown

Language of Materials

English

History

In 1888, T. B. Ellison and Walter B. Maddox opened their first store on Fort Worth’s Main Street between Sixth and Seventh streets. They originally manufactured and sold mattresses. Later they expanded into furniture, draperies, and caskets. The store moved through three other locations, becoming known simply as Ellison’s. Its last site was at 7000 Camp Bowie Blvd, until it was closed in 1992, after being sold to Sunniland Furniture, Inc. of Houston.

Extent

4 Linear Feet (4 Boxes and 5 Volumes)

Physical Location

Archives: 2H6
Title
Ellison Furniture Store Records
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Repository Details

Part of the Fort Worth Public Library Archives Repository

Contact:
500 West 3rd Street
Fort Worth Texas 76102
817-392-7740