Skip to main content

Judge Drew S. Clifton Scrapbook

 Collection
Identifier: C-0072

Scope and Contents

This collection consists of a scrapbook of Judge Clifton's actvities which includes clippings, programs, membership cards photographs, and other items relating to his career.

Dates

  • 1949 - 1957

Creator

Biographical Information

Drew Spencer Clifton was born in Meridian, Mississippi on November 26, 1909. He moved to Fort Worth with his family when he was eleven. He was a graduate of the old Central High School and attended Texas Christian University, Columbia, Cumberland Law School and Jefferson University. While attending TCU, he was managing director of the Panther Boys Club. He was an Army warrant officer during World War II. On January 25, 1946, he was appointed Judge of the Tarrant County Court of Law and won re-election as a Democrat until his retirement. He belonged to various organizations including Broadway Baptist Church; American Legion; Fort Worth Chapter of the Composers, Authors, and Artists of America; VFW; Amvets; Moslah Shrine Temple; and North Fort Worth Kiwanis Club. He married Inez Jones on July 3, 1938 and they resided at 5208 Byers at the time of his death on December 5, 1988.

Extent

.5 Linear Feet (1 box)

Language of Materials

English

Status
Completed
Author
Harry Max Hill
Date
05/20/1995
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the Fort Worth Public Library Archives Repository

Contact:
500 West 3rd Street
Fort Worth Texas 76102
817-392-7740