Skip to main content

Council of Social Agencies of Fort Worth and Tarrant County Records

 Collection
Identifier: R-0068

Dates

  • 1941 - 1971

Language of Materials

English

Biographical / Historical

The Community Chest of Fort Worth was organized in its present form in 1929. The survey and report which resulted in the organization of the Community Chest in 1929 also recommended the creation of a parallel social planning agency and council. The reorganization in 1939 resulted in two agencies that would operate along parallel lines. The Community Chest would devote its attention to central financing for its agency group, and the Council of Social Agencies would work on central planning for all agencies and organizations. In 1956 it became known as the Community Council of Fort Worth and Tarrant County.

Extent

.5 Linear Feet (1 box)

Physical Location

Archives: 2D4
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the Fort Worth Public Library Archives Repository

Contact:
500 West 3rd Street
Fort Worth Texas 76102
817-392-7740